Wooden Kitchen Cabinets – Kitchen Renovation with Wooden Cabinets
Kitchen designer, manufacturer and installer
Renovate your kitchen cabinets with the most resistant material used since the beginning of time and the creation of kitchen cabinets. At PMM Cabinets, we design, create, and install your custom kitchen or bathroom cabinets. One of the materials we work with is solid wood, which is one of the strongest and most durable materials available for kitchen cabinets.
Learn more about the benefits of wood kitchen cabinets with PMM Cabinets! Don’t hesitate to contact us for a price estimate on a cabinet renovation project.
The advantages of solid wood kitchen and bathroom cabinets
When you invest in solid wood kitchen and bathroom cabinets, you can’t go wrong! Wood has a long list of benefits that make it an excellent choice for custom cabinetry:
- Wooden cabinets increase the value of your home or place of business.
- In case of scratches or damage, wooden cabinets are very easy to repair and replace compared to other composite materials such as melamine, polyester, or thermoplastic.
- Solid wood cabinets are extremely durable and resistant to temperatures found in bathrooms or kitchens. Cooking food and hot showers cause a lot of humidity and wood cabinets will not be affected by humidity.
- You can paint and stain wooden cabinets in any color. If you change your mind, just sand them back to the original surface and repaint or re-stain them in a different color!
Cabinet doors that are easy to repair, replace and maintain
How to repair solid wood kitchen cabinets?
Steps for repairing solid wood kitchen cabinet surfaces
- Remove cabinets from their hinges
- Clean cabinets with a cloth and water to remove grease residues that have accumulated over time. Pay particular attention near door handles. This area is more likely to have accumulated grease from fingers.
- Sand the cabinets with sandpaper or a sanding machine. Make sure the surface is smooth and even.
- Clean all residues and dust caused by sanding on the cabinets.
- Paint or stain the cabinets in the colour you want.
- Reinstall the cabinets on their paints and admire the new look of your kitchen cabinets!
Replacement of cabinet doors and modules
With the abundance of materials available, it’s easy to replace a damaged wooden kitchen cabinet that’s past the point of return for repair. If a section of your cabinets needs to be completely replaced, call on a custom cabinet design centre like PMM Cabinets. We will be happy to create and imitate cabinet doors to fit the existing cabinets in your kitchen.
Maintenance of hardwood kitchen and bathroom cabinets
The maintenance of wooden kitchen or bathroom cabinet doors is quite easy. Use a damp cloth and dish soap to scrub the doors clean. Pay more attention to the areas near the door handles. Our hands generally carry more greasy material and daily use of the cabinets increases the accumulation of this material on the surfaces.
If you notice stains that do not come out, you will have to sand and paint or stain the cabinets. Sometimes materials can stick and soak into the surface of the wood.
How do you bring hardwood cabinets back to life?
Want to give your hardwood cabinets a new lease on life? Good news: this project is very easy to do! Do you like “do it yourself” or “DIY” projects? Reworking your hardwood cabinets is the perfect project to keep you busy. Remove the cabinets from their hinges and clean the goods to ensure all grease stains are removed. You can then sand them to remove any imperfections that have accumulated with wear and tear.
You can choose to stain or paint them. Use a cloth to spread the stain over all the corners of the cabinets. Stains offer a more realistic wood look while paint completely covers the natural lines of the wood on a cabinet. You can paint your cabinets any color you like. The interesting thing is that if you don’t like the color, you can sand the cabinet and remove all traces of paint to restore the original wood.
How much do custom-made wooden kitchen cabinets cost?
Our customers often ask about the costs and prices of designing, manufacturing and installing wood cabinets. Unfortunately, without a quote and meeting, we are not in a position to give an estimate of the costs of a custom kitchen cabinet renovation.
Contact us today for a quote and to schedule a meeting! We will be happy to provide you with a final price estimate for the creation of custom solid wood kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
Factors that increase or decrease the price of custom kitchen cabinets
- The size of the kitchen to be renovated. The number of square feet of cabinets to be built and installed in the kitchen plays a big role in the amount of materials needed. The more materials, the higher the price.
- The type of wood used. Some types of wood are more expensive than others depending on their characteristics. For example, pine is the most resistant to water and humidity, this wood will never be able to withstand it. You can choose which type you prefer depending on the look they offer.